Our client based in Moorebank are an Australian owned company and commenced trading in August 2004. Since then they have grown in reputation as well as in size. They are recognised in the market for cost competitive quality products and service. They are a manufacturer and with ever-increasing modern machinery and rigid inspections procedures throughout our manufacturing processes ensures a high standard of accuracy with our pipes, fittings and fabrications.
This role has responsibility for picking, packing and despatching products to meet delivery schedules, quality and safety standards. This position requires a highly motivated and team’s orientated individual who has a keen eye to detail in regards to quality of work:
You MUST have a current LF Forklift licence and be able to confidently drive a manual vehicle with trailer.
Knowledge Required or Gained:
- A broad knowledge of the warehousing industry generally, particularly in relation to Occupational Health and Safety and Quality Management Systems.
Skills Required or Developed:
- Good communication
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Fork Lift Licence
- Basic computer knowledge
- Manual drivers licence
- A team player, with high energy and enthusiasm
- Pays particular attention to detail
- To have a good repour with his team and fellow colleagues
Warehousing / Inventory
- Pick and pack items as per delivery request
- Label product with consignment notes and delivery addresses
- Work to pick and pack to meet expected delivery dates on delivery dockets
- arrange transport as per delivery instruction on delivery note
- loading of products for despatch onto trucks and couriers
- Dispatch register is filled in upon dispatch of goods.
- Provide accurate cycle counts
- Liaise daily with team leader daily on work load and plan
- Ensure products are kept in a clean and safe manner
- Maintain daily strict housekeeping practices
- Visually check quantity and quality of finished products and inwards goods upon delivery to the warehouse
- Sign and print all paperwork regarding inwards and outwards goods.
- Insure all paperwork is handed to warehouse leader.
- Organise the storage of finished product
- Store label or mark stock in away the product is easily identified (stock coils and lengths)
- Adhere to work instructions and advise if updates you think are required
- Contribute to process improvements in the stores area
- Packaging of extruded product to specifications when required (secondary operations)
- Shrink wrap product packed on pallets for stock or dispatch.
- Liaise With Warehouse Leader of any delays in product despatch
- In absence of Leader liaise with customers on deliveries
- Transport stock between warehouses when required.
- Help be a backup and help if the raw material storeman is away.
- Help place raw material away.
If you feel you would succeed in this role, please apply now !
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted