Our client located in Moorebank is one of the largest converters of expanded polystyrene (EPS) in Australia, with expertise in expanded polypropylene (EPP), as well as vacuum and injection molding of plastic. They also manufacture a large range of extruded foamed polyethylene (PE) rolls and sheets.
With a diverse portfolio of high quality brands and products, they service a number of industries including agriculture and aquaculture, general packaging, industrial and automotive, building and construction, science and medical, retail and leisure and custom molding.
A position has recently become available for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to commence ASAP. This position is ongoing with a view to permanency for the successful applicant.
The hours will be 7.00am - 3.30pm Monday - Thursday and 7.00am - 1.00pm on Fridays - Plus overtime as required
Working hours may be varied to suit business requirements.
Anyone with a mechanical background would succeed in this role.
As this is a manufacturing environment, you must be able to handle warmer working conditions and MUST be able to undertake lifting duties also.
- Comply with WHS responsibilities as explained on induction
- Follow safe work procedures
- Experience in assembly and repair of equipment, knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulics is desirable
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Plus, other fair and reasonable duties as may be required from time to time to aid in the smooth and efficient running of the business
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical Fitting trade certificate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle and plan multiple tasks
- Proven work history in Facilities Maintenance or Equipment Maintenance.
- Ability to work with contractors and other trades.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Ability to fault find.
- General machining and welding experience.
- Forklift license highly regarded
If you feel this role is for you, please APPLY NOW !
Please note; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.