Workforce International are looking for the following workers for an immediate start for one of their clients based in Wacol. Our client is a manufacturer of steel house frames and is looking for experienced and reliable workers for an immediate start for ongoing work. You will be welding 1.2mm BMT roll formed steel stud wall frames. You will also be using metal cut saw, drill press and some spray painting.
Hours are Monday - Friday, day shift, 38 hours per week. Workshop based.
- Undertakes Welding tasks in accordance with provided training, and as directed by the production foreman and Senior Welders;
- Cut, measure, mark, fold, form and dress components for small fabrications and weldments as per instruction and provided detail;
- Oxy-LPG cut skid beam end details and penetrations;
- Identify standard cut lengths of Roll formed stock;
- Set out walls in accordance with instruction and provided detail;
- Measure and check for square to ensure accurate finished product;
- Clean and dress material for welding as required;
- Avoid damage to company stock and product;
- Cut lengths of Roll formed stock to non-standard sizes;
- Report to Production Foreman on any damaged stock or tools;
- Report to production foreman on any impact on ability to complete provided tasks;
- Team lift work material onto welding bay trestles.
- Set up and adjust a MIG welder;
- Replace wire on MIG welder;
- Swap Gas on MIG Welder;
- Weld together Skid Bases as per instruction and in accordance with provided detail;
- Weld together wall and roof frames as per instruction, producing neat, tidy and structurally sufficient welds;
- Identify common weld defects and adjust welder to rectify.
You will have your own PPE, drivers licence & own reliable transport. Pay rate is $26ph.
If you have the experience we require, are looking for long term stable work and can start work immediately then please submit your resume online or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org