About the role
Traffic Group Australia are currently looking for a Traffic Permits and Planning officer to join our busy SA depot based in Wingfield.
The Permits and planning officer is responsible for all aspects of traffic management planning in accordance with legislation, company specific policies and procedures and relevant Standards, for a broad range of clients and environments.
The PPO is responsible for ensuring applications for permits are submitted and all projects have current and correct TCD’s and permits in place prior to work commencing. The PPO will liaise with clients, local and state government and be conduit for information to assist the operations team successfully deliver a professional service.
- Develop traffic management plans in accordance with legislation, company policies, procedures and relevant Standards
- Ensure all plans are accurate and completed efficiently and on time every time
- Conduct risk and hazard identification during development, clearly documenting controls in all plans
- Consult with all relevant stakeholders including clients, on road staff, main roads authorities, local councils, emergency services and buses
- Manage all permit applications and requirements in a timely manner.
- Implement plans and communicate to the team operational requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Qualifications in traffic management planning (RIIWHS205D and RIIWHS302D)preferred, but not essential.
- Current Driver’s Licence and White Card
- Experience with AutoCAD or Rapid Plan
- Understanding of AS 1742.3 and Codes of Practice
- Understanding of safety management systems, practices and procedures
- A strong motivation to encourage and communicate safe work practices.
- Experience in providing recommendations for hazard minimisation.
- Prepared to travel locally to various work sites.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with a customer service focus
- Self-motivated with the ability to be proactive and solutions driven with tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
- Sound administrative skills and computer literacy
For a confidential discussion please call Dylan on 08 8245 1640