Workforce International is degree qualified Senior Urban Designer for our client located in Melton. You will be working for the Melton Council.
- Manage and coordinate the review, monitoring and development of design guidelines, policies, strategies and plans.
- Provide urban design advice on land use and development proposals considered by Council (including development plans, urban design frameworks, planning permit applications and landscape masterplans).
- Participate in and lead cross-departmental project working groups, as required, providing urban design input
- Provide technical advice to the public, developers and the clients of Council in relation to the provisions of the Melton Planning Scheme, Council planning policies, strategies and planning procedures as they relate to urban design.
- Lead the preparation and management of project briefs for a range of urban design projects and where required, manage the work undertaken by external consultancies.
- Undertake community consultation activities to ensure the community have and awareness of, and opportunities to input in the preparation of urban design projects.
- Represent Council at VCAT and Panel Hearings.
- Liaise with State, Commonwealth and non-government agencies on urban design matters.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- A recognised tertiary qualification in Urban Design/Town Planning or a related discipline.
- Substantial and demonstrated experience in a broad range urban design projects, including subdivision design.
- Substantial and demonstrated experience of working with a range of stakeholders to achieve improved design outcomes while maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams, preparing project briefs and delivering high quality outputs.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking community and stakeholder consultation on a range of projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of computer software programs including Adobe Creative Suite.
- A current valid Victorian Drivers Licence
WORKFORCE INTERNATIONAL as an Employer
Workforce International is a wholly Australian-owned company with 20 branches throughout Australia. We offer a comprehensive range of industrial recruitment, labour hire and human resource solutions to clients within numerous industries.
If you believe you will be suitable for the role please apply today.