Microbiologist required ASAP start Ingleburn Location
Key Selling Points
This dynamic role requires nothing less than a team player on the Afternoon shift.
Undertake laboratory analysis and monitoring of microbial cultures, samples and new products
Involves dealing with the microbiological testing of materials and environment, participating in validation of new & existing products within the manufacturing and production facility.
About the business and the role:
The job is based in a fast-paced contract manufacturing environment
This dynamic role requires a self-starter, a team player with the ability to execute their tasks and assignments independently, but keeping the Plant Microbiologist and related peers informed as to progress/status of issues.
The applicant requires an ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with a hands-on approach in any or all aspects of the microbiology department. This involves reviewing technical and microbiological issues and determining appropriate actions when required.
Job tasks and responsibilities
General Function & Tasks:
- Read and record test results.
- Perform microorganism identification. Take action for out of specification results
- Prepare Status reports and summary reports for testing performed
- Perform cleaning and sanitization validation testing
- Assist the Plant Microbiologist in report writing.
- Prepare media and equipment for microbiological tests
- Clerical duties and maintain records up to date
- Maintain laboratory in a clean and tidy condition
- Dispose of biological waste tested samples and used culture media bottles as per required safety procedures
- Perform testing preparation on raw materials, finished products and some processes
- Carry out special projects as directed by the Plant Microbiologist/Microbiologist
- Skills and experience
- Ability to work 5 days a week with overtime if required
- Prior experience within a similar position
- Role will be for Afternoon shift, Day shift coverage may be required in the future
How to apply:
Click the APPLY button and include your resume or email through your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions please contact Workforce International 02 8788 6600.