Workforce International have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environment Business Partner. Working autonomously with limited site supervision you will be required to meet organisational objectives, interacting with community members when managing off-site environmental monitoring or external complaints and being reasonably contactable out-of-hours to respond to environmental incidents or events.
You will be responsible of the management of all environmental matters, both strategic and tactical, affecting the operation of this site (which includes the power station, coal mine and surrounding landholdings) to provide a sustained basis for the site maintaining its social licence to operate.
- Degree level qualifications in a relevant field of science, environmental science or environmental engineering.
- Relevant professional membership.
- Drivers’ Licence.
- Post-graduate qualifications would be advantageous.
- Relevant experience in managing environmental matters in the electricity generation and/or mining sector or similar industrial experience.
- Proven hands-on environmental management skills.
- Experience with influencing both up and down line management so that environmental goals are achieved.
- Experience in working with a range of environmental functional specialists.
- Demonstrated experience in working with cross-functional professionals and in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in leading a team and preparation and management of a functional budget.
- Demonstrated capability in engaging effectively with stakeholders and influencing with and without authority.
- Demonstrated ability to take proactive action to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of environmental management systems.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Sound understanding of the practical requirements of environmental management systems.
- Sound knowledge of Queensland environmental legislative requirements, standards and practices.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight timelines.
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving, issue management, and data management and reporting.
- Sound influencing and communicating capability.
If you have the skills and experience we require please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be an Australian resident and reside in Australia to apply.